Sunday 8 January 2012

Who Am I?

I thought it best to start this challenge off with a small explanation of who I am 'right now' - TODAY, so in 52 weeks time I can see (hopefully) how far I have come!!

Today 9 January 2012, I AM a Mum, Wife, Sister, Daughter, Aunt, Sister In Law, Friend, Work Colleague, Student, Daughter In Law, Cousin, Neighbour and within each of these I am many more - such as cook, cleaner, teacher, chauffeur, listener, mediator, lover, gardener, organiser ..... the list could go on!!!

But do any of these actually say 'Who I Am'?

YES, I am a mum to three beautiful children, all of whom make me smile, laugh, cry, love and learn all in their own ways. They test my patience and stretch my energy levels beyond belief and just when I think I cannot go on they lift my spirits and make me love and remind me what life is all about and give me moments to treasure for ever.

YES, I am a wife to a fantastic man, who is my partner in everything and continually keeps me grounded and calm. In my dreams I wouldn't have imagined sharing my life with someone as so supportive, loving, caring and tender as him.

YES, I am a sister to two grown women and one man who have all taken different paths within their lives, coming together every now and then to celebrate the bond that is family. I am also a sister in law to three more beautiful women and two men who each also share a big part of my life and heart.

YES, I am a daughter to a great mum and dad who gave me the great gift of a happy, safe and memorable childhood. And I also have the privilege of being a daughter in law to another mum and dad whose relationship also plays an important role in my everyday life.

BUT.........

While I sit here pondering and writing this, I am still trying to see WHO I AM. All of these relationships combine to describe me and of course they all mix in to have created and continually change me and my self. But I don't know who I am.


I AM A THIRTY SOMETHING STAY AT HOME MUM WHO HAS THREE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN (10, 9 & 10 MONTHS) AND HOPES FOR MORE LITTLE TREASURES IN THE COMING YEARS. I AM A LAW CLERK - BUT DON'T REALLY ENJOY IT ANYMORE AND I AM A GREAT FRIEND. I AM AN OVER ACHIEVER AND ALWAYS TAKE ON TOO MUCH. I AM EASILY STRESSED AND UNFORTUNATELY LATELY, HAVE LITTLE PATIENCE. I AM LOW ON ENERGY AND MOTIVATION AND I THINK IF I DIG DEEP I AM PROBABLY LOW ON SELF LOVE



I am everything in this post and so much more,

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, This is a great start to the challenge and a really good idea. It is always good to have a start point to see how far you have come. Well done. I love the way you define your relationships it is very inspiring. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Rita, this was very hard to publish as its soo personal, but if I am going to do this, I cant really pick and choose what I share!! I hope we pass each other many times this year :)

      Delete