Monday 2 January 2012

Everything that went “right” in 2011

As this is the first challenge of  http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/52-weeks-to-simplify-your-life-syl-week-1/    and also my first ever blog....... it could be very interesting!!!!

What went right in 2011........ this is actually harder to answer than I first thought!! So here I go.....
  • the safe arrival of my second beautiful daughter - Mackenzie. As she was my third child I really enjoyed the birthing experience and tried to 'soak' her in as I really know how quick babies grow into children - my first baby is turning 11 very shortly :(
  • I fell in love with my husband all over again!!
  • My children were healthy and happy
  • We enjoyed a relaxing big holiday as a family
I am sure there are many many more!! But I am starting to struggle :)


What am I Grateful for?
  • Family
  • Friends
  • My loving and very supportive husband
  • My beautiful home tucked away in a gorgeous spot of the world!
  • My health

What excited me?
I have always loved photography and always thought about learning how to, but as usual I put everyone else first and thought there is never enough time to fit in MY things...... BUT at the end of 2011 I made the decision to jump head first into a photography course YAY!!! I'm finding it hard to fit it in and have only submitted the first assignment (passed with an 8/10 whoo hoo) but I know I will get there!!!

I am sure I could really keep going, but just writing this much as lifted my spirits and I am excited to be starting something new in 2012!!! Thank you for allowing me to follow such an exciting challenge!!

:)

20 comments:

  1. Well done on the blog! So happy to have you along for the challenge (and by the way it is my first challenge too). Sounds like a pretty great year and awesome that you started your photography course - good luck and I hope to see some of your photos on here in the future ; )

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Paula, you have inspired me. I've joined the challenge too and have been toying with the idea of creating a blog. I am going to do it too. BTW I enjoyed your blog. Well done on your 1st assignment but more importantly for committing to the course. I look forward to following your successes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks rita!!! I am so glad you joined up on this journey i am excited and its been quite eye opening already - but good!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi there from a fellow Simplify follower. Great job on your first blog and Congratulations on your photography essay. I look forward to going on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa Its an exciting thing to be beginning!!!

      Delete
  4. Good on you for taking the time to do something for you - something a lot of us Mums don't do enough! Looking forward to sharing the SYL challenge with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, I must admit it has taken a back seat over the school holidays but thats ok i know i will get back into it when school goes back!!! I look forward to the SYL journey with you

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your first blog Paula. I've just written my first one today!
    I'd really love to hear more about your photography course and what sort of camera you have. I'm currently saving up for a camera and learning more about photography is on my to do list for this year.
    I look forward to journeying with you on the SYL challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on your first blog also!! Its scary - but its also been refreshing something i never thought i would be doing!!!I will let you know other pieces of my course as i go!! Its exciting to me but also scary as its something i have wanted to do for ages but it takes the back seat!!! Good luck with the SYL Challenge :)

      Delete
  6. WOW thank you to all who read!! I'm a bit shocked :) I am really excited about this SYL challenge and connecting with people!!! My camera is a Canon EOS 50D it has many features and also a great auto camera for those point and shoot moments!! Can't wait to read everyones journey's x

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your result!! just popping by as many other 12 week challenges as i can squeeze in during naptime!!
    ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for spending your precious time in between naps reading about me!!! I know what its like grabbing ten minutes here and there!! (or an hour as i get so absorbed!!!!) I am looking forward to following your journey this year :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Paula! Thanks for dropping by my blog! I look forward to sharing this journey with you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ebony I am glad you took the time to read mine!! I hope we come across each other again throughout the 52 weeks :)

      Delete
  9. thats an awesome result - congrats!! Definitely a great reflection on your courage to jump head first into a course that you are passionate about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by and reading - I am really looking forward to the next 52 weeks with you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, well done on your assignment! It sounds as though 2012 will be awesome for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayne!!! I am looking forward to 2012, especially to continue the SYL challenge so hopefully I can be the best me!!!! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  12. Welcome to the blogging world Paula, and thanks for visiting me too! I look forward to sharing this journey with you. Kristen xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Kristen!! The world of blogging has taken me by surprise and its so nice to be connected with other women who are all on the same wavelength....... I look forward to following you also this year :)

      Delete