Tuesday 13 March 2012

Fear!

This week’s challenge to look at our fears - or what holds us back from doing things, has been hard to think about, and now I am writing...... even harder. I have put alot of thought into this and it is quite difficult to actually get the words out (and in some kind of understandable manner!!!!)

I am AFRAID of my children dying. I am petrified that my baby girl who is almost one is going to stop breathing in her sleep and die. I am scared that my older children are going to have some kind of horrific accident that will take their life away. I am scared.

I have a FEAR of people really finding out who I am, and what I am really like - because they may not like me anymore.

I have a FEAR that people will JUDGE me negatively, on ALL my choices I make.

I have a WEIRD feeling that people are always talking about me, and this makes me feel isolated. I feel like these people who are somewhat ‘my friends’ may not be.

I have a FEAR that my husband will one day wake up and say it’s over.

I am AFRAID to be myself.



This post is quite dark and heavy – and if you are still reading, I apologise. But these are my fears. They stem from events that have occured throughout my life, and I cannot change these. All I can do is work on getting through them (and hoping they never happen!!!)

Yes I am also normal and afraid to step out of my comfort zone and try something new, incase I fail or cannot fulfil what I started, but the above fears are my real deep concerns. Some days they overwhelm me and I am so frightened. But really they are unlikely to happen and I need to keep telling myself that.

My friends love me for me, I know that.

My husband is the love of my life and I am his, I KNOW he would never say it’s over.

And really, people who judge me, well I should really not care!!!

And being myself – well that’s a work in progress!!!


4 comments:

  1. WOW, again such an honest post Paula! You know acknowledging these fears is a huge step! You must be proud of that. And don't apologise - we want to read you, the real you and if that means some dark posts, so be it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec. This journey has been really good for me so far, but the last few weeks its made me face things that i would probably leave buried.... i am hoping for some big changes!!! Thanks for reading, i know it was an awkward post to read x

      Delete
  2. Big hugs for your very real fears Paula - you are doing well fighting them back and living your life! From what I can tell people would be blessed to know the real and true you!

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete